Pricing as of July 2023 is as follows:
Pedal Harp Regulation (including felts): $400
Lever Harp Regulation: $250
Full Restring CG/SG/GP: $225
Full Restring Petite Pedal/40-String Lever Harp: $200
Full Restring Lever Harps 38 Strings and Under: $175
String Replacement: $6 per string for any non-bass wire string
String Replacement: $35 per octave (for octaves 0/1 through 5)
Bass Wire Replacement: $7 per string
Hourly Labor: $150
In-home Service Fee: $200 minimum (limited service as of 11/01/22)
Please note: Harps significantly under 34 strings may be less than $150 for a full restring depending on the size/range of the harp. Similarly, restrings for harps with over 47 strings such as double-strung or Welsh/Italian triple harps will be billed based on the number of strings and time required.
In-home services are based on distance. The $200 minimum is for destinations up to 50 miles from my studio in Pine Mountain Club. House calls to most destinations in Los Angeles or Orange County will be between $250 and $300.
Due to health reasons I am not currently offering pedal harp regulations as an in-home service or as a same-day turnaround service. Harps must be brought to my home studio in Pine Mountain Club.
A few other considerations:
* A full pedal harp regulation will take around five hours, though it may take more or less time depending on the individual situation, especially if the harp has not been serviced in several years.
* I can only do ONE full pedal harp regulation per day.
* I only offer pedal harp regulations on Salvi and Lyon & Healy harps at this time.
* Strings must be provided by the owner of the harp. I strongly recommend having a backup set of strings on hand for all regulation and restringing appointments. For restringing, this would require two sets of strings: one to go on the harp and one as a backup. For strings locally in Southern California, both Harp in LA and Pacific Harps sell strings. I recommend supporting your local harp retailers when possible as without our continued support they will no longer be able to survive.
* Harps must be insured prior to transport for cartage services.
* Regulation is available for Loveland, Salvi, Lyon & Healy Performance, Camac, and Truitt levers.
* New lever installation (putting levers on a harp that has never had levers before or changing from one type of lever to a different type, e.g. Loveland to Camac) is not available at this time. Replacing broken levers with new levers of the same manufacture and type is a service I will perform, however.
* Please remember, regulation on older instruments is often a compromise of pitch accuracy and proper grip on the string to avoid snapping in the discs when played above a pianissimo dynamic.
* Some harps may be too structurally compromised to be regulated, and as such I reserve the right to refuse service on any harp.