Pricing as of May 2023 is as follows:
Pedal Harp Regulation (including felts): $400
Lever Harp Regulation: $200
Full Restring CG/SG/GP: $180
Full Restring Petite Pedal/Lever Harp (34+ Strings): $150
String Replacement: $5 per string for any non-bass wire string
String Replacement: $30 per octave (for octaves 0/1 through 4)
Bass Wire Replacement: $6 per string
Hourly Labor: $150
In-home Service Fee: $200 minimum (limited service as of 11/01/22)
Please note: Harps significantly under 34 strings may be less than $150 for a full restring depending on the size/range of the harp. Similarly, restrings for harps with over 47 strings such as double-strung or Welsh/Italian triple harps will be billed based on the number of strings and time required.
In-home services are based on distance. The $200 minimum is for destinations up to 50 miles from my studio in Pine Mountain Club. House calls to most destinations in Los Angeles or Orange County will be between $250 and $300.
A few other considerations:
* A full pedal harp regulation will take around four hours, though it may take more or less time depending on the individual situation. I am currently offering pedal harp regulations on Salvi and Lyon & Healy harps.
* I will do only do one full regulation per day.
* Strings must be provided by the owner of the harp. I strongly recommend having a backup set of strings on hand for all regulation and restringing appointments. For restringing, this would require two sets of strings: one to go on the harp and one as a backup. For strings locally, both Harp in LA and Pacific Harps sell strings.
* Harps must be insured prior to transport for cartage services.
* Regulation is available for Loveland, Salvi, Lyon & Healy Performance, Camac, and Truitt levers.
* New lever installation (putting levers on a harp that has never had levers before or changing from one type of lever to a different type, e.g. Loveland to Camac) is not available at this time. Replacing broken levers with new levers of the same manufacture and type is a service I will perform, however.
* Please remember, regulation on older instruments is often a compromise of pitch accuracy and proper grip on the string to avoid snapping in the discs when played above a pianissimo dynamic.
* Some harps may be too structurally compromised to be regulated, and as such I reserve the right to refuse service on any harp.
Please contact me for additional details or to schedule an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org